Thirty-One

Today marks one month, or 31 days, that we have had Levi in our lives. 

There are so many things I want to say.  I want to talk about the irony of all kinds of wonderful things happening on the 12th of the month.  I want to say how the whole time, I always kind of thought we'd end up with a boy.  I want to brag about how smart, handsome, and awesome my son is.  I want to upload 1050 pictures.

But for today, I'll keep it simply at this: God answers prayer. 

If Levi was not in our lives, God still would be answering our prayers, just in a different way.  However, if I've learned nothing else, I believe that it all works out.  Yes, there were times I wondered what God was doing.  I tried to surrender my desires, asking him to show me his will for our lives and our future family.  The way this worked out is certainly not how I would have planned it, but I don't want it any other way now.  I couldn't even see these possibilities.

From this HUGE desire fulfilled (the third major one in my life, too!!), I take away trust.  If God can make a mediocre musician who dreams of touching lives a music teacher, turn a lonely and insecure girl into a wonderfully delighted wife, and grant an infertile couple with the child of their dreams, why can't I trust him with every.single.part of my life?  The answer is I can.  I will.  I choose to!

I leave you with this, an updated version of our original adoption slide show.  I hope it inspires a little hope in your life, too.



If the video doesn't work, watch the movie on Vimeo here .

Comments

  1. love love love love love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK,I know I'm a wuss and cry easily, but this made my heart so happy that it's overflowing! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video- congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! LOVE it! God is awesome... especially love "the Suereth family"... so neat to see that in print!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cried watching this, just remembering all of the joys and sorrows and then more joys during the past year. Can't wait to meet the little man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! Gave me goose bumps! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love feedback!

Popular Posts